Designing your own bookmarks makes a very lovely, but inexpensive gift.
You will need:
- A favourite quotation of the recipient (or quotation from their favourite book)
- Computer and printer
- Printer paper
- Laminating pouches
- Scissors or paper trimmer
What to do:
- Using an auto shape tool draw a rectangle a suitable size and shape for a bookmark (I made mine 21cm x 7.5cm) and make the border narrow and a pale grey.
- Type out your chosen quotation and add clip art or images of your choice. Print.
- Place the paper into the laminating pouch (if you want to ensure they are waterproof cut them out along the grey line first).
- Cut out along the grey line (if you cut them out before laminating them leave a few millimetres of plastic around the edge to ensure they are sealed).