Make a funny and silly but delicious present by shaping this delicious chocolate truffle mixture into the shape of the poo of the recipient’s favourite animal. This recipe will make about 150g of chocolate poo!
You will need:
- 100g of dark chocolate (I would recommend using dark to even the devotees of milk chocolate as dark melts much better than milk and the sugar and crème fraîche does make them sweet and creamy and I reckon they would be very sickly if you were to use milk)
- 15g of butter
- 15g of icing sugar
- 25g of crème fraîche
- 10g of cocoa powder
- An image of your chosen animal poo
What to do:
- Break up the chocolate.
- Heat water in a saucepan, remove from the heat before it comes to the boil. Place a heat proof bowl over the saucepan and add the chocolate and a tablespoon of water to the bowl.
- When the chocolate has melted add the butter and crème fraîche and stir for five minutes.
- Sieve the icing sugar to remove any lumps and add to the mixture with a tablespoon of water.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge until it has set a little (allow about four or five hours).
- Using your image as a reference, shape the mixture and roll in cocoa powder.
- Keep in the fridge, I expect they keep well for about a week but they’ve never lasted long enough in our house to find out!