Turn a worn out pair of pyjamas into a pattern for a new pair. I’ve turned a favourite pair of pyjamas which are no longer fit to wear into a new pair of pyjamas.
You will need:
- A pair of old pyjamas which do not have seems on the outside of the legs (each leg will only be made of one piece of fabric)
- A pair of dressmaking scissors (or a pair of strong, sharp scissors)
- Large sheets of tissue paper
What to do:
- Carefully cut off the waistband and remove the elastic or cord and save.
- Cut along the seems, you should now have two pieces of fabric, discard one.
- Lay a sheet of tissue paper out flat and then place the leg of the pyjamas over the top.
- Trace around the pyjamas.
- Add 10cm to the top of the pyjamas for the waist band.
- Add a 1.5cm seem allowance around the rest of the pyjamas.
Next week I’ll show you how I’ve used this pattern to turn an old pair of curtains into some new pyjamas.